Playing 21 is a fairly simple task and there is no pressure at all. This is because you are not playing against any opponent. You just have to find the best possible hand.
In principle, the game deals 5 decks of cards to the player. You can change from 1 to 5 of them, depending on your needs. The better the combination, the higher the payout. The game will show you the corresponding payouts for each hand. Depending on the version of Video Poker, these may vary.
A definitive guide to the game of Blackjack
Since its emergence, Blackjack has been gaining ground among the most popular table games. Its simple dynamics and fast-paced gameplay are among its main attractions. In addition, the skill of the player plays a significant role in the odds of winning, a factor that makes the game notably more interesting.
Basic Blackjack Terms
When playing Blackjack, you will encounter certain terminology that you should be familiar with. Among the most commonly used:
- Bankroll: the amount of money a player has available for betting.
- Blackjack: a hand where the player gets 21 with only two cards. That is, the combination of the Ace with 10, J, Q or K.
- Bust: This term refers to busting. That is, getting more than 21 points.
- Hit: To ask for an additional card.
- Stand: To stand, not requiring additional decks.
- Suffle up: to shuffle up.
- Double/ Double Down: Double your bets after seeing your play. You will receive only one additional deck.
- Split: Split the decks. This gives you 2 new independent bets.
How to play Blackjack
The objective of Blackjack is to collect 21 points. Or to get as close as possible to this amount. All in order to beat a dealer, who is your only opponent.
The first thing you need to know is the values of each deck. We explain them below:
- From two (2) to ten (10) will have the same value.
- K, Q and J: will be worth 10 points each.
- Ace: can be taken with a value of 1 or 11.
The game begins with the dealing of two cards to each participant, after a previous bet. All decks will be visible, except for one of the dealer’s cards. Then from left to right each player’s turn is dealt, and he/she can demand additional cards until he/she decides to stay or goes over.
After this, the dealer will develop his play and depending on the outcome, the winners and losers will be determined.
Variations of the game
When playing Blackjack online you can get several versions. Among the most popular are:
- American Blackjack – This is the most popular and widely known variant. It’s all about beating the dealer and getting 21 points. Or as close as possible, without going over. It is the most played version in Las Vegas.
- Blackjack Surrender – In this mode, once the dealer sees that your hand has generated a Blackjack, you can surrender. You will only lose half of your bet.
- Super 21 Blackjack – In this version, if you get a Blackjack with the Ace of Diamonds and another deck of the same suit. Your bet will pay 2 to 1. Also, with this combination the dealer will not be able to call or win.
- Premium Blackjack – To the original variant, this game mode adds 2 additional outside bets. You can bet on “perfect pair” or “21+3”.
Lucky Lucky Blackjack – This variety of Blackjack offers special payouts for combinations between the dealer and player decks. If you bet in this box, you can be eligible to receive big payouts such as:
- 777 of the same suit: 200 to 1.
- 678 of the same suit: 100 to 1.
- 777 of a different suit: 50 to 1.